On Thursday, we took a quick morning safari before heading to the Seronera airstrip, where we took two Cessnas to northern Serengeti.
Our new vehicles were fully open on the sides but covered on top. I found it a bit more limiting for photography but managed to do pretty ok anyway.
We were greeted by the Mara river, and giraffes, and baby warthogs.
Sayari camp was beautiful, and welcoming, and we needed escorts to walk us to and from our tents at night, since animals regularly walked through camp.
We went back out, braving the rain.
We drove up to the Kenya border.
At some point, I took this photo, and when I got back I photoshopped it as best as I was able. I'm mixed. I think I'm going to stick with the subtler infrared filters and less photoshop.
At the end of the day, as we were hydroplaning a bit over muddy roads (dusty or muddy, nothing in between!) we caught sight of a leopard cub. Our first. At a great distance, in the dark.
The rest of the photos are here.
- i: departure. arusha coffee lodge. 3-5 oct, 2012
- ii: meetup. first safari - lake manyara. plantation lodge. 6 oct 2012
- iii: lake manyara. plantation lodge. 7 oct 2012
- iv: maasai. ngorongoro crater. 8 oct 2012
- v: ngorongoro crater. best birthday ever. 9 oct 2012
- vi: olduvai gorge. seronera. serengeti. 10 oct 2012